Our Purpose, Vision, and Approach
Purpose & Vision
Peninsula Temple Sholom is an inclusive Jewish community where everyone can find peace, inspiration, and their own connection to Judaism.
We are committed to guiding our students as they begin their lifelong journey of Jewish identity formation by helping students find meaningful ways to bring Judaism into contemporary life.
We believe Jewish learning is best developed and sustained by incorporating fun and experiential learning, both inside and outside of the classroom, and by fostering strong relationships among Jewish youth.
We prepare students to find their own connection to Judaism through a comprehensive curriculum that progressively builds and deepens knowledge with each grade level.
Our focus is on Torah and sacred texts, the Jewish lifecycle and holidays, the broader Jewish community, Israel, and Hebrew language through:
- Teaching and experiencing prayer, ritual, tradition, and Jewish culture to enable students to form personal connections with the Jewish faith and develop their own spirituality
- Building a foundation of Hebrew language to enable students to more deeply understand and participate in Jewish life
- Teaching Jewish ethics and values and debating their real-life applications to provide students with a framework for making moral decisions throughout their lives
- Fostering strong relationships between Jewish youth to help them establish their own Jewish communities filled with meaningful and potentially lifelong friendships
- Providing students with opportunities to establish relationships and cultivate connections with the broader Jewish community
- Teaching students about Israel and its significance in modern Jewish life to inspire connections with our Jewish homeland